About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Thursday 29 October 2020

1st ever crochet toy

Good Afternoon everyone & thanks for stopping by my blog today x

It's been awful weather here over the past few weeks, which is of course expected at this time of the year.
Good weather to watch films.

It's my half term week, so been catching up with house hold chores, retail therapy and of course Nan duties.

Today I am going to share a crochet rabbit with you. This was a challenge that I set for myself during lock down. My Great Aunt Bluey taught me to crochet blankets as a kid, but I could never read a pattern and never knew the crochet stitches. So with an easy pattern and a step by step video tutorial this is what I finished with. I did have to do and undo several times but persevered with it. 
My Granddaughter half inched it! 

I added the ribbon and a gem 



The flower should have been on the opposite side, but I did not like the way I'd sown on the ear.
Added gem in middle too.



Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to reading your comments.
I shall pop on over and visit you too x

I shall be entering this into the following challenges:



10 comments:

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Sally, well done you.
Hugs
Cathy
xxx

Chris said...

Well done Sally! I, too, can do basic crochet- (wonky) squares- but have never learned more stitches or read patterns. I bought a teach yourself guide...but that's as far as its got...
Your little rabbit is really cute and my granddaughter would do exactly the same as yours if she saw it!!
xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,I love to crochet.xxx

*Vicki* said...

Your little bunny is just as sweet as can be! Really great job on your first go! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh but that is really really really really really really cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looks great!

x
Diana

Martha said...

Hi Sally
I like the adorable rabbit
Beautiful handmade creation
Greetings Martha

Freubelmina said...

Wauw Sally, looks great your lovely rabbit.
It's great that you learned this with the help of a video.
Have a nice weekend xxx

Alison59 said...

Oh well done Sandy it's so cute :-) You'll be "hooked" now ;-)

Jenny L said...

Hi Sally,
oh sally I love your gorgeous make.
what a very cute little bunny and your work is so beautifully created.
I too am a crochet person and can never follow a pattern either especially now my eyes are so bad.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Diane said...

Super cute your crocheted rabbit is wonderful.

Hugs Diane