About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Sunday 1 December 2019

Nostalgia Advent Calender's

Good Sunday afternoon to where ever you are in the world. It's drabby weather here in London!!!

Today I am going to share some advent calender's I made for my four grandchildren.

I found the tutorial on 'YouTube'. Just search 'A Nostalgia Advent Calendar Tutorial' by Kay F.
Her tutorial was so easy to follow. The boxes are cut by hand, no gluing!! 
I liked the fact that the calendars can be folded and tied with a ribbon, or displayed as an open book, & if looked after can last an age.

If you have made some please add a picture in your comment. I would love to see them.

Right onto the pictures .....


Papers are from 'The Works'. I like the 12 x 12 pads.
Letters are what I purchased off of Create & Craft by Tattered Lace.


Ribbons are what I had in my stash, some are recycled.
I added some bells, also purchased from 'The Works'.
I used my bowadraba to secure all the ribbon together , but when I did my 1st one I forgot I had it. My Granddaughters one was my 1st attempt.


Side view of calendars closed & secured with ribbon.


View of the back.


What they look like inside.


Close up & what I have filled the boxes with.
I stuck with a selection of sweets, but of course you could add little gifts that a child may like. For a girl much easier because you could add lip balm, bracelet, ring, etc, because these are the type of things that may well fit into the box.



I do hope you have enjoyed looking and I look forward to your comments and your pictures too if you have dabbled in making an advent calendar.

Thanks for popping on by x

I shall be entering these into the following challenges :-

Love to craft - #41 Anything Goes

Classic Design Team Challenge Blog - #12

The Holly & Ivy Christmas Challenge - #61 Anything Christmas Goes

Always Fun Challenges - #138 Anything Goes

Allsorts Challenge - week 548 Christmas Gifts

A Perfect Time to Craft Challenge - #12 Anything Goes

World Wide Open Design Team Challenge Blog - #11

17 comments:

GerJanne said...

Wow wow wow! What a wonderful Advent calendars! Your grandchildren are so lucky to have you as their grandma! You did an amazing job!! Splendid!

Kathleen said...

A really fabulous collection of super makes, the advent calendars look really great. Thank you for joining our 'Christmas Gifts' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

KT Fit Kitty said...

These are absolutely gorgeous! What an awesome project and definitely a labour of love! Your grandchildren will be so excited! I can see their precious photos on your sidebar! Thank you for your kind words on my blog and for becoming a follower! I am following you now too! Have a wonderful evening!

brenda said...

Wow you have been busy, lovely Advent gifts for your Grandchildren, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Debs said...

What a great idea, I might pinch it for next year, I am blessed with four grandchildren as well two of each, I can’t get over what good quality the paper from the works is, mine is like card it’s that thick. Thank you for the comments. Merry Christmas. Hugs Debra x

Linby said...

wow these are all fabulous, obviously made with much love and care.
Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

Monica C. said...

They are so beautiful, Sally! I love how they open like a book.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Monica DT Member for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/


KraftyKoolKat said...

These are so gorgeous Sally, you are very talented sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Chrissy said...

Wonderful Sally, beautiful colours and so festive and FUN..
Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Chrissy DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

Bianca van Tilburg. said...

What a beautiful creation and a great idea.
Thanks for your participating by The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenges.
Hope you participate in our next challenge.
DT Bianca.

Chrissy said...

Wonderful project, I love it.
Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Chrissy DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

pinky said...

Wow that's a lot of crafty perfection! These are just gorgeous!

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Brilliant work fabulous technique. Thank you for sharing with us over here at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT / Admin / Registered Owner for https://worldwideopendesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com/

Kyla said...

All I can say is WOW! This is so amazing! I hope your grandchildren enjoys the work that you put into this. Very clever! Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Kyla DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/


Mrs A. said...

This is a wonderful idea. The boxes are just perfect for small gifts. Off to have a look at the tutorial. Hugs Mrs A.

Leslie said...

I had the wrong DT hat on a minute ago when left the first comment on behalf of the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog... please disregard. Thanks for sharing your fantastic project with us in the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's December "Anything Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, LTCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2

Kazz Cards and Crafts said...

Hi Sally
You always enter our challenge over at Classic DT open challenge so just letting you know I have had to a new challenge blog as our old one was Hacked and dissapear so here is the new challenge blog called Classic Design challenge Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT Owner/Admin for https://classicdesignchallenge.blogspot.com/