About Me

My photo
London, Battersea, United Kingdom
I have been blogging since 2010. I have been married for 32 years and have three children,I have been blessed with Four Gorgeous Grandchildren. I love making my own cards, but dabble in cake making & crochet too. I enjoy going to Alexander Palace twice a year with my mum. I live in Battersea and have grown up here, although me and hubby's dream is to one day live in Spain.....

Thursday 7 November 2019

Remembrance Card


Today I am going to share a card I made for Poppy Day.
I decided to just make it flat instead of adding to a card you can open up. Message can be wrote on the back if desired. I then added it into a cellophane card bag to help  protect from all weathers if it was going to be put onto a grave or where ashes had been scattered.



Poppy is made from red card and one of the many poppy dies that I have.
Soldier and plinth I bought at one of the Ally Pally shows I attended.
Sentiment I printed from internet.
I used distress ink around sentiment and gilding wax on the soldier.
Poppy leaves were coloured in with promarkers.

I have contacted the Royal British Legion via email asking if I am able to make a good batch of these to sell in a way of helping raise money for our soldiers.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
I look forward to reading your comments and will pop on over and visit your blog too.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges:-

Scrapping4fun - Challenge 152 Anything Goes

Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog - #239 Anything Goes + a sentiment

Love to Craft Challenge Blog - LTCCB #40 November Anything Goes


Crafty Friends Challenge Blog- #122  Anything Goes

9 comments:

Liz said...

This is just beautiful, Sally, perfect for this time of year. xx

GerJanne said...

Hi Sally,
yes, this is very beautiful. When we were in Scotland, we saw in several churches poppies from differnet materials. It's a very good tradition, I think.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a striking card Sally, and how thoughtfully finished with the cellophane bag.
Blessings
Maxine

Bernadet said...

What a wonderful idea Sally,
I love this special card

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is gorgeous Sally if that's the appropriate word to use for this sort of card. I am sure they will agree for you to make more of these beauties.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

pinky said...

Very apt and perfectly made Sally.

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for joining our challenge with your lovely card… Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw!
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Monica C. said...

So beautiful and I love the idea of putting it in a bag like you have done.
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

Helen said...

Great creation - thanks for sharing it with us at the Love to Craft Challenge.

Helen x